SpecificationsReference Number: EB-1796656947
Locations: Duluth, MN
The A&P Mechanic is responsible for performing intermediate/heavy preventative maintenance to repairs without supervision
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to replace aircraft flight control parts with no supervision
- Able to replace Hydraulic and landing gear system parts with no supervision
- Perform Landing gear strut servicing with no supervision
- Inspect, test, repair, maintain, and service aircraft.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Modify aircraft structures, space vehicles, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
- Examine and inspect engine or other components for cracks, breaks, or leaks.
- Disassemble and inspect parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Test engine and system operations, using testing equipment, and listens to engine sounds to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
- Service and maintain aircraft systems by performing tasks, such as flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- A&P license required
- 3 years recent sheet metal and structural repairs in a heavy maintenance or Regional Jet environment
- Prior experience on Boeing 727/737/747/757/767/777, Airbus 319/320/330 or CRJ/ERJ aircrafts
- Must have minimum required tools.
- Candidates must report on first day with 2 forms of acceptable identification to verify employment eligibility.
- Candidates will take hands on assessment on day 1 of reporting
- Applicants should plan on one week of orientation/training upon arrival
- Onsite gym accessibility at no cost
- Climate controlled hanger
About Our Client:
Our client is an independent provider of aviation services to commercial and government customers in more than 100 countries. Our client's aftermarket expertise and award-winning solutions help customers increase efficiency and reduce costs while maintaining high levels of quality, service and safety. Our client’s US network spans from Indianapolis, IN, to Rockford, IL, to Duluth, MN and Oklahoma City OK.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
Really appreciates that we are on top of everything. He loves how caring we are! He is especially loving the APA Cares Program.Anthony H
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
I really appreciate the open lines of communication throughout my contractMarko S
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024