Avionics Tech IV
SpecificationsReference Number: EB-1423781268
Locations: Springfield, Il
The Avionics Technician troubleshoots and repairs (or sends out for repair) avionics systems that are malfunctioning in customer aircraft, and installs avionics systems and components. Directly and openly communicates with customers regarding the status and time frame of repairs. The Avionics Technician uses sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding installation, troubleshooting, and discrepancy resolution. The Avionics Technician is technically competent and is expected to be able to accomplish most of his/her duties with minimal supervision. As customers are on site at the facilities, professional appearance and communication skills are required in order to create a positive and lasting professional relationship.
This is a 2nd shift position working 4/10s
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and repairs Flight Management Systems (FMS,) Satcom and Airborne Radio Telephone Systems, EGPWS/TAWS, communications, navigation, radar, TCAS/XPDR, DME, autopilot/flight director, audio, ADF, Cabin Management/In-flight Entertainment (IFE), and other sophisticated avionics/electronics systems.
- Installs avionics systems on customer aircraft.
- Provides emergency power supply battery service for customer aircraft in-house.
- Maintains continuous communication with customers regarding the status of avionics work on their aircraft.
- Uses electrical hand tools, testing equipment, and soldering equipment.
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other Standard Aero facilities as required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- AET Preferred.
- A&P license preferred.
- Formal avionics systems and electronics education/training.
- Minimum three years experience in electronics and/or avionics in the aviation industry or military equivalent.
About Our Client:
Global leader in Aircraft and Power Plant maintenance, repair and overhaul. This specific location is part of a Business Jet Service network, focusing on Falcon, Gulfstream, Citation, Bombardier and Embraer airframes.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4001
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
“Thanks for being so professional and easy to work with!”Aaron G
Thanks for sending me here Suzy. You are a wonderful recruiter! In fact you are my favorite recruiter of all the contract houses I have ever worked for! And I have worked for a lot of contract agencies in the past 18 years. You always take great care of me! It is a pleasure having you on my team!!!Jimmy M.
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024