Field Service Master Mechanic
SpecificationsReference Number: 13938BR
Locations: Savannah, GA
Field Service Master Mechanic applies and demonstrates a mastery of the technical skills and knowledge in the performance of overhaul, repair and replacement of parts, components and complete subsystems for operational aircraft applications as well as the performance of inspection and evaluation of incoming aircraft parts, components and subsystems of operational aircraft for overhaul and/or repair through interpretation of original equipment manufacturer technical data and Company technical data to ensure compliance to FAA regulations and customer requirements. Performs work primarily in an off-site team environment at customer facilities in any of the detailed work operations required to be completed in these areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs onwing and offwing disassembly, overhaul, repair or replacement of parts, components and subsystems for in-service aircraft applications that are moderately complex to complex, requiring experience and judgment to determine plans and action from several standard procedural alternatives.
- Adapts techniques and tools to meet special needs and serves as a technical resource to less experienced Stakeholders.
- Provides complete evaluation of and defines the processes for reconditioning, repair or replacement of aero-structure parts, components and subsystems of operational aircraft that are varied but generally not complex of products and processes requiring some skill and experience.
- Identifies incoming items and determine their overall condition.
- Determines the proper inspection criteria and obtains the appropriate technical data to determine the inspection points and processes required to completely evaluate the item for repair.
- Reads and interpret blueprints, standard repair manuals, overhaul and repair manuals, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) technical documentation such as Service Bulletins, Illustrated Parts Catalog, Airworthiness Directives and customer supplied technical data.
- Makes an independent judgment concerning repairs, with the focus on providing both the customer and Company with the best and most economical repairs and repair processes.
- Performs inspection of incoming items to appropriate standards using precision close tolerance measuring tools such as scales, micrometers, calipers, height and depth gauges.
- Works from engineering drawings and other technical documentation.
- Determines the condition of the item and the extent of the wear or damage.
- Determines the manufacturing and repair processes required to bring the item to FAA airworthiness standards.
- Requests engineering review, analysis and disposition of damage or wear as required.
- Consults with engineering to navigate and initiate Engineering Work Orders and prepare a preliminary Bill of Material for the required repairs.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers' and airline's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Reads and interprets plans, blueprints, sketches, Engineering Orders or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of removal, repair, replacement and installation of parts and components of mechanical aircraft subsystems.
- Disassembles and inspects parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft operational mechanical systems, components and structures including rigging and plumbing.
- Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop or back drill hole patterns for access doors, installation or replacement of sheet metal parts or other like applications.
- Trims to fit, file, grinds, deburrs, buffs, and smoothes surfaces.
- Bolts, rivets, screws, clips, seal, or bonds component parts to assemble products.
- Installs assemblies in supportive framework according to blueprints.
- Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
- Performs Lead functions in the absence of the Lead or Supervisor.
- Ancillary Functions and Responsibilities: Performs other duties as required. These duties may include assignments in job classifications and departments other than the primary assignment.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and ten (10) or more years of experience as an aero structure mechanic, aero structure inspector or evaluator, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Aerospace A&P License is desired but, not required if appropriate skills are demonstrated.
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (918) 803-4005
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
I really appreciate the open lines of communication throughout my contractMarko S
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
“Thanks for being so professional and easy to work with!”Aaron G
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024