Sheet Metal Mechanic
SpecificationsReference Number: EB-4363966453
Locations: Tampa, FL
MINIMUM of 5 year heavy jet/commercial experience on acceptable aircraft: Preferred BOEING experience.
Sheet Metal/Structures Mechanic
Minimum Requirements And Qualifications
- Must have thorough working knowledge of all forms and documents required to support heavy maintenance service, including, but not limited to Company policy and procedure manuals, FAR’s, AD’s, Service Bulletins, and Maintenance Manuals.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical manuals, instructions, blueprints, and drawings.
- Must be efficient in the use and application of tools, gauges, instruments, etc. necessary for the accomplishment of duties assigned.
- Must have an understanding and working knowledge of hazardous material handling and disposal as related to the job assignment.
- Airframe and Powerplant license is a plus.
- Must be able to pass a 10 year federal background check in order to obtain an airport security badge.
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
- Works to written or verbal instructions.
- Performs all work assigned in accordance with approved maintenance procedures.
- Records work performed and assumes responsibility for that work as indicated by his/her signature.
- Uses blueprints, schematics, technical drawings, and Maintenance Manuals in performance of assigned duties.
- Performs touch up painting as needed, (within task area).
- May do experimental and developmental work as assigned.
- Must have working knowledge and the ability to fabricate, repair, replace, or rebuild aircraft structures, repair parts, and special tools. Heavy phase maintenance experience on other military aircraft types may be considered.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors necessary for the normal day to day operation, not determined at time of hire.
Physical Requirements And Environmental Conditions
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, and walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders, work stands, and other heights.
- Must be able to work with one or both hands extended overhead.
- Must have correctable near and far vision.
- Must be able to hear at conversational level with hearing aid.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to handle and maintain control of small parts and to properly operate hand tools.
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
APA has taken care of me for the past 10 years and I will never work for another contract company! They treat me great!Jonathan H
Betty is the worlds greatest recruiter! She has helped me find work more times than I can count!Kenny S
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024