Aircraft Mechanic II
SpecificationsReference Number: EB-9053282742
Locations: Jacksonville, FL
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform a basic to advanced level skilled work to identify, remove, and install aircraft components and to perform servicing of engines and aircraft accessories to ensure airworthiness according to customer specifications and FAA standards. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
MUST have Boeing and MD experience
A&P NOT required
FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Services and repairs aircraft and engines to ensure airworthiness according to customer specifications and FAA standards.
- Removes and replaces aircraft components according to driving documentation.
- Identifies, removes, and installs inspection access panels.
- Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals. Identifies the structural composition of aircraft (i.e., aluminum or composite) prior to performing any work on the structure.
- Performs aircraft lubrications.
- Removes and replaces filters, and performs leak checks.
- Performs repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer’s manual for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs.
Proficient in integrated operating systems (AMROS) relating to locating parts, alternate part numbers, requesting parts and verifying effectiveness of parts.
Uses basic hand tools or equipment to perform skilled manual and technical work.
Lifts and carries hand tools, parts, and work materials; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting.
Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed.
Follows instructions and standard operating procedures. Responsible for remaining current on all required training regarding aircraft maintenance and safety standards to personnel assigned to him/her as apprentices, if any.
Communicates effectively in English regarding work activities, per FAA requirements.
Prepares and maintains basic records such as work order and non-routine task card documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed.
Possesses working knowledge of ATA Codes (Chapter and Subchapters) as well as aircraft zones, narrow body airframe familiarization, and industry standards.
Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work. Signs off aircraft maintenance paperwork as ‘Qualified Mechanic’ upon meeting all regulatory and customer program requirements.
Performs routine servicing of engines and aircraft accessories.
Performs work actions in the jacking and leveling of aircraft.
Performs other duties as assigned.
“Thanks for being so professional and easy to work with!”Aaron G
Betty is the worlds greatest recruiter! She has helped me find work more times than I can count!Kenny S
Really appreciates that we are on top of everything. He loves how caring we are! He is especially loving the APA Cares Program.Anthony H
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024