Sr. Mechanical Engineer - Aero
SpecificationsReference Number: EB-1485626279
Locations: Seminole, OK
Senior Mechanical Engineer
The Senior Mechanical Engineer supports the engineering department in all phases of the product lifecycle (new product development, design improvement, and production / field issue resolution) by utilizing 2-D / 3-D CAD software and associated layout and analysis tools to create new or revise existing product design layouts, schematics, drawings and models. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will work under the direction or guidance of the Engineering Manager and/or Design Engineer in support of new or existing product and would be expected to normally be assigned complex design tasks. The Senior Mechanical Engineer may supervise or direct the works of less experience designers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; others may be assigned:
· Create new, or modify existing, layouts, schematics, solid models, assembly and detail drawings for complex products and systems.
· Create new models and drawings from red-line existing drawings, hand drawn sketches or verbal direction.
· Utilize GD&T methodology to define tolerances.
· Work with Design Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering to evaluate design options, prepare and provide design layouts and schematics to support early proposal and bid efforts
· Evaluate manufacturing/material variability to ensure manufacturability and ease of assembly and repair.
· Support the engineering department and the designer community to develop best practices and standards to continually improve the quality and efficiency of the design and design process.
· Evaluate required work, plan tasks and execute work assignments as committed.
· Communicate project / work package status accurately and regularly, identify risks and take proactive action to meet schedule commitments.
· Supervise the work of less experienced Designers.
· Support the development of less experienced designers through mentoring, coaching and training.
· Maintain personal proficiency through continued education / training and maintaining currency with improvements in 2D / 3D CAD software, tools and capabilities.
Required Experience and Education:
· Associate Degree in CAD
· 5+ years of designer of aerospace components experience
· Ability to utilize 2-D / 3-D CAD software
· Demonstrated experience in standard CAD tools
Preferred Experience and Education:
· Bachelor Degree
· Manufacturing Experience
· Strong leadership capabilities and ability to develop people
· Working under pressure
· Analyzing problems
· Vision setting
· Drives accountability
· Entrepreneurial spirit
Travel Requirements: less than 10%
APA has taken care of me for the past 10 years and I will never work for another contract company! They treat me great!Jonathan H
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
Thanks for sending me here Suzy. You are a wonderful recruiter! In fact you are my favorite recruiter of all the contract houses I have ever worked for! And I have worked for a lot of contract agencies in the past 18 years. You always take great care of me! It is a pleasure having you on my team!!!Jimmy M.
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024