GM - Engine Component MRO
SpecificationsReference Number: EB-9540266471
Locations: San Diego, CA
Aerospace Metal Fabrication Company within a very profitable and growing public parent corporation seeks General Manager in the Greater Southern California Area.
The General Manager will manage operations by providing focused management of the facility by establishing ad maintaining credible leadership to upgrade current performance, achieve excellence and keep the facility a thriving well-oiled machine.
- Lead all site efforts concerning operations, quality, engineering, customer support and business development
- Partner with off-site leaders in IT, Finance, Human Resources and Facility Management to ensure business needs are met and manage local members of these teams cooperatively in a Matrix Organization.
- As the leader of this growing business, continue efforts to further grow and improve profitability;
- Work to develop and expand contacts at key strategic customers; lead and participate as required at industry trade shows and conferences.
- Be the change agent to drive a strong culture of reducing operations and product costs through continuous improvement or 6 sigma methods;
- Work in synergy with other MRO companies within the parent corporation;
- Lead site budgeting efforts and adherence to approved financial plans in partnership with the finance director and corporate leaders.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or a technical field. An MBA is a strong plus.
- Essential to have at least ten years of experience in a leadership role within a FAA MRO Repair Station;
- Experience with specialty welding processes, heat treat, complex machining and the development of FAA DER repairs;
- Essential to have had operations management experience; must understand the general flow of MRO products through a typical shop from order receipt through invoicing;
- A strong ability to assess and understand customer technical requirements, as well as understanding and providing value added alternative solutions;
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills; must be able to communicate with all levels Must have a great attitude that is welcomed by employees, customers and stakeholders that is business focused.
- Good leadership skills and development of talent; We are looking for a roll up the sleeves leader that knows how to nurture and focus teams members while meeting customer and corporate expectations.
- The successful candidate will maintain the highest professional ethics and integrity. Meeting corporate compliance and aerospace regulatory agency mandates are essential. He or she will have a strong intellectual capacity, superior analytical skills, professional judgment, and the ability to communicate at all levels of the company;
- Demonstrated hands on manufacturing experience with continuous improvement or 6 sigma programs
- Advanced MS Office computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are a must. Experience with ERP systems and engineering CAD systems are a plus.
- Due to ITAR restrictions, must be a US Person.
Metal Fabrication Company offers a competitive benefit package. Please submit resumes with a cover letter.
Really appreciates that we are on top of everything. He loves how caring we are! He is especially loving the APA Cares Program.Anthony H
“Thanks for being so professional and easy to work with!”Aaron G
Jim and Nicole, Greetings! I wanted to drop a quick note to you both, and express my gratitude for the job Kory did for my family and I. Kory recently helped my family and I land a direct hire, Lead Mechanic position! He stuck with me until I was sure of exactly what I wanted to land, he listened, and then went after it. He brought several options back to me according to my experience level, and never rushed us as we decided what we needed as a family. He checked back with me, returned calls, and kept me in the loop with out being high pressure. My experience with Kory, is that he is a top notch, "does what he says" employee. He is a credit to your organization and a talented individual. If and when I am in need of a recruiter again, or when I meet with another young man or woman who is, I will certainly pass Kory's name and contact info along- he's top shelf and the kind of employee that gives his employer increasing credibility. Thanks again. CraigDirect Placement Success Story!
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024