Structures Mechanic III - JAX
SpecificationsReference Number: EB-1832314591
Locations: Jacksonville, FL
FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- MUST have Boeing Aircraft experience
- Cleans corrosion and treats metal surfaces per the manufacturer’s instructions and specifications.
- Performs basic sheet metal repairs and replacement of structural parts using the following skills:
- Use measuring instruments such as rulers and grip gauges
- Utilize hand and powered tools such as hammers, chisels, hand snips, band and circle saws, drill presses, squaring shears and brakes to cut and form
- Ability to assemble parts by, bolting, screwing, and riveting
- Determine different types of fasteners used by symbol
- Remove and install minor components of aircraft structure or systems such as fairings, cargo liners, cargo floors and access panels
- Ability to repair minor or secondary structure per the manufactures SRM
- Fabricates replacement covering, panels, or fairings by using the removed parts as samples.
- Performs repairs of a cosmetic nature in passenger cabin interiors.
- Performs and demonstrates understanding of sealing procedures of aircraft structures.
- Performs bonded repairs of honeycomb structures as instructed.
- Identifies the locations of pressurized areas of aircraft.
- Opens and closes areas on the aircraft that are required to be open for inspection.
- Applies corrosion preventatives and maintains knowledge of areas of the aircraft in which corrosion inhibiting liquids may not be applied.
- Possesses working knowledge of ATA Codes (Chapter and Subchapters) as well as aircraft zones, narrow body airframe familiarization, and industry standards.
- Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals. Identifies the structural composition of aircraft (i.e., aluminum or composite) prior to performing any work on the structure.
- Performs repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer’s manuals for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs. Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed.
- Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed.
- Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Thanks for sending me here Suzy. You are a wonderful recruiter! In fact you are my favorite recruiter of all the contract houses I have ever worked for! And I have worked for a lot of contract agencies in the past 18 years. You always take great care of me! It is a pleasure having you on my team!!!Jimmy M.
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024