Sr. A&P Mechanic
SpecificationsReference Number: EB-1018493047
Locations: Springfield, Il
This position is responsible for performing routine maintenance, and major inspections on turbofan and turboprop powered aircraft. Trouble-shooting, repair, and modification of aircraft components is accomplished by this position. In addition, engine removal and reinstallation, operational checks, leak checks, and engine runs are all within the responsibility of the Mechanic, A&P.
•Responsible for using sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding maintenance, sequence, and techniques, troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution.
• Removes and reinstalls engines from turbofan and turbo powered aircraft.
• Performs operation checks and engine runs to ensure air-worthiness prior to departure.
• Inspects aircraft in accordance with OEM Light or Heavy Maintenance manuals.
• Evaluates removed components for serviceability and document discrepancies (squawks).
• Troubleshoot and repair all airframe systems as required (hydraulics, landing gear, etc).
• May perform fuel tank sealing on aircraft.
• Document all work accomplished in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
• Accomplishes Service Bulletins, Repair Letters and Airworthiness Directive as required.
• Reads and interprets maintenance manual procedures, blueprints, technical manuals and schematic diagrams when required.
• Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
• Utilizes mechanics hand tools, precision measuring instruments, gauges and calibration test equipment.
• Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
• May perform other duties as required by the department.
- A valid FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license.
• Minimum of five (5) years experience as a Mechanic; prefer A&P in Corporate Aviation.
• Must have the ability and experience to be eligible to acquire delegated inspection authority status.
• Corporate aviation experience preferred on: Dassault Falcon Jet, Bombardier, Gulfstream & Embraer.
• Aviation training preferred. This training may take the form of military training, aeronautical academy or technical school training and/or an Aviation Associates Degree.
• General aviation experience preferred.
• Must have proven mechanical and technical aptitude.
• Must have proven experience using a variety of hand and/or power tools.
• Analytical skills required to perform complex mechanical troubleshooting.
• Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders.
• Must have the ability to think clearly, speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
• Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
• Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
• Must be able to hear to detect the sources of problems.
• Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
• Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
Jim and Nicole, Greetings! I wanted to drop a quick note to you both, and express my gratitude for the job Kory did for my family and I. Kory recently helped my family and I land a direct hire, Lead Mechanic position! He stuck with me until I was sure of exactly what I wanted to land, he listened, and then went after it. He brought several options back to me according to my experience level, and never rushed us as we decided what we needed as a family. He checked back with me, returned calls, and kept me in the loop with out being high pressure. My experience with Kory, is that he is a top notch, "does what he says" employee. He is a credit to your organization and a talented individual. If and when I am in need of a recruiter again, or when I meet with another young man or woman who is, I will certainly pass Kory's name and contact info along- he's top shelf and the kind of employee that gives his employer increasing credibility. Thanks again. CraigDirect Placement Success Story!
I really appreciate the open lines of communication throughout my contractMarko S
“Thanks for being so professional and easy to work with!”Aaron G
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024