Field Rep - Engines - Houston
SpecificationsReference Number: EB-2015773155
Locations: Houston, TX
This position will report to the Hobby location and is responsible for performing routine maintenance & minor inspections on turbofan and turbo prop engines and business aircraft. Trouble-shooting, repair, and modification of aircraft components and engines are accomplished by hands-on work inclusive of on-wing troubleshooting, as well as disassembly and reassembly procedures. TFE731, Pratt & Whitney PT6 and 300 series engine knowledge preferred.
Mechanic inspects engine parts upon removal in accordance with appropriate maintenance manuals and/or approved data, utilizing precise measurement processes throughout reassembly processes. Is responsible for using sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding maintenance, sequence, and techniques, troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution. Documents all engine and aircraft discrepancies, troubleshooting, repair work and corrective actions in appropriate inspection paperwork. Customers are present onsite at the Hangar facilities, therefore, professionalism in appearance and communication skills is required in order to create a positive and lasting professional relationship
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
* Must be appropriately certified in accordance with 14 CFR Part 65.
* Minimum 7-10 yrs experience.
• A valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License is required.
• Aviation training preferred. This training may take the form of military training, aeronautical academy or technical school training and/or an Aviation Associates Degree.
*Corporate aircraft maintenance experience preferred.
* Experience with engine removal and installation of airframes on a TFE731, Pratt & Whitney PT6/300 series aircraft.
* Experience troubleshooting & LRU processes on TFE731, Pratt & Whitney PT6/300 series aircraft.
* Must be able to travel on road trip to address AOG situations with minimal notice.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, intranet and internet applications.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (8+ hours), lift 50 pounds unassisted, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders to service aircraft
• Must have proven mechanical and technical aptitude.
• Must have proven experience using a variety of hand and/or power tools.
• Analytical skills required to perform complex mechanical troubleshooting.
• Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written.
• Must have the ability to think clearly, speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
*Must have a history of demonstrating high levels of initiative in completing all job assignments and clearly following directions.
• Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
• Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
• Must be able to hear to detect the sources of problems.
• Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
• Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
Really appreciates that we are on top of everything. He loves how caring we are! He is especially loving the APA Cares Program.Anthony H
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024