A&P Mechanic - Houston
SpecificationsReference Number: EB-3503087087
Locations: Houston, TX
The A&P Mechanic is responsible for performing routine maintenance and major inspections on turbofan powered aircraft. Troubleshoots and repairs all airframe systems as required (hydraulics, landing gear, etc). May perform fuel tank sealing on aircraft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Removes and re-installs engines from turbofan and turboprop powered aircraft.
- Performs operational checks and engine runs to ensure air-worthiness prior to departure. Inspects aircraft in accordance with OEM Light or Heavy Maintenance manuals.
- Evaluates removed components for serviceability and documents discrepancies (squawks). Re-installs and tests components after completed inspection.
- • Troubleshoots and repairs all airframe systems as required (hydraulics, landing gear, etc). May perform fuel tank sealing on aircraft.
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Accomplishes Service Bulletins, Repair Letters, and Airworthiness Directives as required.
- Reads and interprets maintenance manual procedures, blueprints, technical manuals, and schematic diagrams when required.
- Analyzes a variety of mechanical problems and determines the cause and best method of repair.
- Tests operation and repairs/adjusts, as required: engines, engine controls and accessories, propellers and controls, landing gear, hydraulic systems and servicing, and flight controls, and adjusts rigging as required.
- Checks and repairs fuel, oil, oxygen, heating, cooling and pressurization systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A valid FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience performing inspections and routine maintenance on Falcon, Lear, Challenger, Embraer, Cessna and/or Hawker airframes is strongly preferred.
- Factory authorized training on assigned aircraft or engine is preferred.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written. Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted; stand a minimum of 8 hours per day and walk long distances; bend, stretch, crawl, and climb ladders in order to work on areas within the aircraft that are difficult to access.
- Must be able to work outside in extremes of temperature and inclement weather.
About Our Client:
Global leader in Aircraft and Power Plant maintenance, repair and overhaul. This specific location is part of a Business Jet Service network, focusing on Falcon, Gulfstream, Citation, Bombardier and Embraer airframes.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
APA has taken care of me for the past 10 years and I will never work for another contract company! They treat me great!Jonathan H
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
I really appreciate the open lines of communication throughout my contractMarko S
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024