CNC Machinist - Tulsa
SpecificationsReference Number: EB-8307798798
Locations: Tulsa, OK
We currently have openings on all shifts. Shifts include 1st shift 7:00am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday. 2nd shift 5:15pm to 5:30pm Monday through Thursday. Weekend shifts 4 and 5. Weekend shift works 36 hours and gets paid for 40. 4th shift 5:30am to 5:30pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 5th shift 5:30pm to 5:30am Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Night shift will have $1.00/hr differential, weekend shift has $1.50/hr differential.
Operates a variety of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, planers, and precision grinders to make metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions. Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications. Uses a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments. Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds. Measures, marks and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining. Fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment, and equipment required. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
• Observe and implement Lean Manufacturing methods in all job assignments.
• Maintain spindle turning at maximum at all times.
• Higher level machinists may set-up first run parts for Machinist 1 and 2.
• Ensure parts and tools are loaded correctly and that quality is consistently maintained throughout the assignment.
• Change and adjust cutters under supervision as instructed; higher level machinists may set up work unsupervised and may instruct others in this practice.
• Learn and adhere to Primus policies and procedures, particularly BQMS standards directly related to the work center.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• There may be additional responsibilities for higher level machinists.
• Knowledge of general machining processes using a wide variety of machine tools.
• Machinist 2 year Certificate preferred.
• Understanding of CNC type machines and the processes they use, such as set-ups, monitoring, change-outs, etc.
• Familiar with Lean Manufacturing work area practices including 5-S, Visual Controls, Standard Work, work center metrics, and continuous improvement processes and supports team members in these processes as directed by the Master Machinist.
• Blueprint reading and machining related math skills.
• Good manual dexterity.
• Ability to professionally communicate and work cooperatively with others.
• Basic English language skills and ability to read, follow, and interpret work instructions.
• Attention to detail.
• Willingness to learn and at times teach others.
• There may be additional requirements for higher level machinists.
APA has taken care of me for the past 10 years and I will never work for another contract company! They treat me great!Jonathan H
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024