CNC Machinist - Dallas
SpecificationsReference Number: EB-5107317234
Locations: Arlington, TX
Primary Functional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand, adhere, and demonstrate to the company’s commitment to QUALITY and SAFETY!
- Prepare part for machining as necessary, to include cleaning and hand-deburring of parts to ensure safe and effective operations.
- Set up for designated operation, including preparation of fixtures, placement of part, proper work holding, verification of tooling set-up, proper loading of tooling, and pre-machining operations.
- Monitor machine operations to include monitoring machining sequences consistent with programming, observing machine for proper functioning, and listening for irregular sounds that may be indication of developing problems. Respond immediately to developing situations to preserve machine and part integrity.
- Document completion of operation as required for traceability.
- Learn Progressive safety procedures and practice safe work operations at all times.
- Learn Progressive operational procedures and complying with all procedures to minimize errors.
- Consult with Quality to ensure products are manufactured according to requirements and specifications, as well as, adhering to Quality Manual and AS9100 Rev C requirements.
- Operation of crane and hoist to facilitate the movement, set-up, or securing of large parts;
- Maintain a safe and lean work environment, including performing housekeeping duties.
- Handling or movement of parts to various departments in the facility.
- May occasionally perform special projects;
- Maintaining regular and punctual attendance according to shift-times or a pre-arranged work schedule.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualified candidates have the following:
· High School diploma or equivalent education preferred
· 3-5 years of experience working in an aerospace machining environment with 3-axis or greater milling machines; 5-axis experience preferred, working with various aluminum alloys, steel, and titanium.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Must have the knowledge, skill, and ability to meet expectations for required competencies in position, which includes: 1) safety, health, and environmental awareness, 2) business ethics and compliance, 3) technical/professional competence and quality & time management, 4) interpersonal relations and communication skills, 5) initiative, flexibility, innovation, and adaptability, 6) continuous improvement and problem solving, and 7) planning and organizing. [See performance evaluation form]
- Knowledge of standard G-codes.
- Ability to complete all machine-related operations from set-up and preparations to breakdown of the set-up.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret engineering drawings and specifications and to apply that interpretation to the parts in work;
Hours: Monday through Friday – 12 hour shifts, beginning and ending at 6:00; Additional hours may be required past shift ending times or on weekends to support operations.Environment: Machining operations results in coolant spray and slick floors. Machining noise present. Most work spaces are climate controlled.
Betty is the worlds greatest recruiter! She has helped me find work more times than I can count!Kenny S
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024