CMM Operator - Dallas
SpecificationsReference Number: EB-4923267925
Locations: Arlington, TX
This position is primarily responsible for the performance of first article, in-process and final inspection of machined parts production hardware. The incumbent must have practical experience and working knowledge of quality assurance concepts, inspection methods, and techniques. This position requires the ability to read and accurately interpret customer engineering drawings, electronic model based definitions and specifications and to apply that interpretation to the manufacture/fabrication of production hardware.
Primary Functional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand, adhere, and demonstrate to the company’s commitment to QUALITY and SAFETY!
- Using engineering drawings, specifications, etc. for reference, inspect detailed machined parts and/or assemblies for conformity to design parameters. Indicate acceptance or rejection on production documentation
- Perform monitoring and measuring device calibrations as assigned
- Conduct CMM inspection of parts
- Maintaining working knowledge of PC DMIS CMM inspection software
- Complete final inspection and AS9102 first article inspection sheets as required documenting product conformity.
- Maintain a working knowledge of quality assurance procedure requirements as they apply to inspection and manufacturing operations.
- Document nonconforming product as required by internal and/or customer requirements.
- Ensure that tooling used as media of acceptance remain calibrated according to internal and/or customer requirements.
- Ensure that product/material conformity documentation received from subcontractors satisfies engineering specifications
- Ensure correct material handling, identification and traceability of product throughout the manufacturing sequence.
- Perform all functions of a Quality Control Inspector as required by work load and production schedule needs
- Maintaining regular and punctual attendance according to shift-times or a pre-arranged work schedule.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualified candidates have the following:
· 3-5 years of experience working in inspection in an aerospace (or similar environment) machining environment with 3-axis or greater milling machines; 5-axis experience preferred.
· Previous experience in Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) operational use.
· Experience in machining shop with various aluminum alloys, steel and titanium is strongly desired.
· Experience using Microsoft Outlook is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of basic inspection tools, such as calipers, micrometers, and gauges.
- Knowledge of OSHA-compliant shop safety practices is preferred.
- Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, & Word) is preferred.
- Interpret drawings and blueprints,
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- PD DMIS or comparable software
Hours: Monday through Friday - 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.Environment: Manufacturing, shop, or warehouse environment.
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024