SpecificationsReference Number: EB-1695050301
Locations: Jacksonville, FL
POSITION SUMMARY: With proven skills proficiency, install, inspect, test, adjust, and repair aircraft avionics equipment and systems. Perform operational tests and functional checks on aircraft avionics systems, and troubleshoots and corrects problems. Read blueprints and schematics. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, inspects, tests, adjusts, and repairs aircraft avionics equipment and systems, including radio systems, radar, and navigation systems.
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems related to avionics systems through the use of wiring diagrams and maintenance manuals. Reads blueprints and schematics.
- Lays out installation of aircraft avionics assemblies and systems.
- Sets up and operates ground support and test equipment to perform functional tests of electrical and avionics systems.
- Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals.
- Performs repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer’s manuals for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs.
- Able to demonstrate some understanding of basic electrical and electronics language and theory.
- Performs skilled manual and technical work using hand tools, soldering irons, circuit testers, oscilloscopes, voltmeters, ammeters, and ohmmeters.
- Lifts and carries hand tools, parts, and work materials; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting.
- Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed.
- Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
- Communicates effectively in English regarding work activities, per FAA requirements.
- Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Assigned Supervisor
SUPERVISES: Non-Supervisory role
HUMAN INTERACTION/COMMUNICATION: In performing the job, an individual in this position experiences significant interface with his or her immediate supervisor, other managers and supervisors, lead workers, other employees, and contract workers.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience providing knowledge of avionics-related work techniques, terminology, parts, systems, etc.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required.
OTHER: Current A&P License in good standing is preferred. FCC License preferred (FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License).
Thanks for sending me here Suzy. You are a wonderful recruiter! In fact you are my favorite recruiter of all the contract houses I have ever worked for! And I have worked for a lot of contract agencies in the past 18 years. You always take great care of me! It is a pleasure having you on my team!!!Jimmy M.
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024