Temp Aerostructure Repair Mech
SpecificationsReference Number: 13480BR
Locations: Tulsa, OK
* Ability assemble using basic aircraft standard practices with minimal supervision
*Knowledgeable of and experienced with aircraft fastener systems.
* Ability to use Assembly Jigs and fixtures to repair and assemble aircraft structures.
* Must have aircraft sheet metal fabrication skills.
* Previous Thrust Reverser experience preferred.
Summary Statement:Applies basic and some advanced technical skills and knowledge related to the overhaul and repair of parts, components and complete subsystems for operational aircraft applications. Perform any of the detailed work operations required in these areas.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Performs tasks that are simple to moderately complex requiring some skill, experience and judgment to complete.Performs disassembly, overhaul and repair of parts, components and subsystems for in-service aircraft applications of products and processes that are varied but generally not complex requiring some skill and experience.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers' and airline's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Reads and interprets planning, blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of removal, repair, replacement and installation of parts and components of mechanical aircraft subsystems.
- Disassembles and inspects parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft operational mechanical systems, components and structures including rigging, plumbing and electrical wiring harnesses.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories.Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop or back drill hole patterns for access doors, installation or replacement of sheet metal parts or other like applications.
- Trims to fit, file, grinds, deburrs, buffs, and smoothes surfaces.
- Bolts, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds component parts to assemble products.
- Installs assemblies in tooling according to work instructions. Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
Formal Education, Training and Work Experience:Experience may be substituted for the formal education and training requirements in this section at the discretion of management. High school diploma or G.E.D. and two (2) or more years of experience in aircraft structural assembly and/or repair.
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024